Wednesday, April 6, 2011

State of the Art Gallery

In order to maintain a fresh eye in the commercial sector of my business I need to recharge my creative batteries on a weekly basis.  This involves working on my personal vision and presenting my iconic quirky images at my gallery or in juried exhibits.  A photograph that I submitted to the juried photography show at State of the Art Gallery, Ithaca, New York won a cash prize in March 2011.  The photo was part of an on-going series I call Social Studies which documents the American Social landscape. The image: Right Turn Only was one of many taken at the Veterans Day parade in November 2010.  I find covering the getting ready portion of the parade as fascinating as the parade itself. Going back to my roots as a social documentary photographer renewed my interest in candid people photography.  Patience and timing are the key as the people are constantly moving in and out of the frame, acting, and re-acting.  It is wonderful when everything falls into place for a split second and you get it.  Which photo is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment